Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Farmers Market













I have decided to take the plunge and sell at the farmer's market this year. I only found out I had been accepted about 10 days before it started. So one of the reasons I haven't posted much lately is that I have been making hoops like crazy! The whole family got up early and came down with me to help set up, even though it was Jeff's birthday. (What a great husband I have!) Katie stayed with me the whole morning. We had a great time watching all the dogs and people go by. She was a great advertiser too. She got out on the sidewalk and hooped for most of the day, until she got sore. I got out and hooped a bit too. It was a little scary, I mean seriously I was hooping on 25th street in front of hundreds of strangers!!! We had a shaky start but after a pep talk and my first sale from a great friend, we had a fabulous day and I am glad I didn't pack up and leave at 8:30 like I was tempeted to do! At the end of the day we sold 11 hoops and I will be back to do it again on saturday and most saturdays this summer. Come down and visit us some time!

3 comments:

Julie said...

congrats on the big sales! We can't wait to see you in action!

Joye and Don said...

Hey! Remember I sold one of the kid hoops while you were away from the table.

Welcome to Lulu's life. said...

Yay!!! Hopefully I can plan a trip up and do my own hooping on 25th soon!