Tuesday, November 4, 2008

St. George



















Over UEA weekend the kids and I packed up and went to St. George for the weekend. We were graciously invited to a family gathering of my birth-family. We went down with my aunt Deb, uncle Greg, their 2 daughters and most of their famlies. When we got down there I was able to meet aunt Kathy and 3 of her kids, Steph, Jen, and Chris and their families. I also met uncle Harold and some other family members. It was a little overwhelming. It would have been really nice to have had Jeff there with me. But the kids and I had alot of fun. We had a Halloween party for all the kids one night. The next day we went to uncle Marty's and rode 4-wheelers, horses and bounced on the tramp and in the bounce house. Josh was a huge fan of the 4-wheelers but would not ride a horse. Katie did plenty of both. They had a fabulous dinner for everyone too. The next day we went up to Springdale which is right at the entrance to Zion's. Marty and his fiance Tish were married at a beautiful park there. Then we all hung out and the kids played. I even got out some hoops to play with and I think the adults had as much fun with them as the kids did. They fed us very well with the best smoked barbeque I have ever had! By the end of the weekend I was totally exhausted. Josh, however, asked if we could stay 2 more days! He really liked the pool at the hotel! I just wish I had gotten some better pictures, but we were too busy having fun.


Thanks to Ashley for letting us bunk with you and the kids! And to all the cousins and family- I am really glad we got to meet and get to know you a little! Keep in touch and I hope to see you all again sometime!

3 comments:

Joye and Don said...

Looks like you were very busy and that a great time was had by all! We liked the photos.

Julie said...

love the cow cake! and Josh makes a great jedi

Stephannie Shea said...

I am so glad I got the opportunity to meet you. We have waited years. I know that we are a bit overwhelming but we had so much fun with you and the kids. I wish your husband could have been there. Next time! We will most definately keep in touch. Give the kids hugs for us.